Running the provided build and test scripts
MSBee contains scripts for building and testing modifications to the source code. You can find these scripts under the Verification Scripts
To perform a build, run the following from the command prompt
build.cmd [clean rebuild] [debug release fxcopdebug fxcoprelease]
- clean and rebuild are the build types
- debug, release, fxcop-debug, and fxcop-release are the different build configurations.
- debug and release configurations build MSBee and then build and run its installer.
- The FxCop configurations build MSBee and then run FxCop on its assemblies.
To run a MSBee test pass, run the following from the command prompt
runtests.cmd [debug release]
- runtests.cmd runs the MSBee unit tests and scenario tests.
- The scenario tests require MSBee to be installed.
- All scenario test output is written to scenarioOutput.txt.
More information is available in the MSBee Test Plan.doc under the doc