MSBee and LC.exe: unable to resolve type

Topics: For MSBee Users
Aug 17, 2006 at 5:29 PM
migrated from power toy forums
originally posted by RikoE
------------------------------------------------------

Hi

When I use a licensed third part component like Infragistics, it adds a licx file to my project. When MSBee runs LC.exe with switch /complist:licenses.licx it gives the error "Unabled to resolve type 'type, string name of assembly'" for the type defined in the licx file.

If the assembly exists in the GAC, however, the problem does not occur, but it does not make sense to add the assembly to the GAC or install the third-party components in a build environment.

The generated command also passes the location of the assembly to the LC.exe tool with the /i switch, but this does not seem to help.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Thanks
Riko
Aug 17, 2006 at 5:30 PM
originally posted by John DAddamio - MSFT

Hi,

Did you add the .licx file to the project as an embedded resource? That's required for MSBee to run the LC task correctly.

John
originally posted by RikoE

John

Yes, I did at it to the project as an embedded resource. Doesn't help, but thanks for the idea!

Riko
originally posted by Bertan Aygun - MSFT

Riko,

Can you check contents of your licx file to see if it refers to .Net 2.0 assemblies or .Net 1.1 assemblies. If you are adding the reference in Visual Studio 2005, it might be using .Net 2.0 only assemblies.

Thanks,

Bertan

Riko,

If Bertan's suggestion doesn't lead you to a resolution, please try to develop a simple repro case and post it here so that we can debug the problem.

Thanks

John

Riko,

We have not heard from you in several weeks. Does this mean that the version in the .licx file was the cause of the problem?
originally posted by Sushil K Maurya

Hi

You can exclude the licenses.licx file from project & run the project

sushil
Apr 3, 2007 at 10:18 PM
I am having the same issue. I am using Team Build, but I have a feeling there's a related solution and I'm not finding answers elsewhere. I have excluded the licenses.licx file from my project and it runs locally without issue, but the build machine is throwing the above error or this one:

LC(0,0): error LC0000: 'Could not find file 'C:\Team Builds\33608\RR\33608\RR_Build0\Sources\RR\Kiewit.RR.UI\My Project\licenses.licx'.'