Bulding requirments with MSBee

Topics: For MSBee Users
Aug 16, 2006 at 11:12 PM
migrated from power toy forums
originally posted by Randall C
------------------------------------------------------

I am not clear on exact requirements for using MSBee after adding MSBee targets to project files. You can or can not use it from within the 2005 IDE by setting up a Team Build Type and calling MSBuild from within the IDE? I ask because when I do it this way I see this line in the BuildLog.txt and wasn’t sure if it was really building framework 1.1 binaries:

Target CoreCompile:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Csc.exe /noconfig /unsafe- /checked- /nowarn:1701,1702 /nostdlib- /errorreport:prompt /warn:4 /baseaddress:285212672 /define:DEBUG;TRACE /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.dll /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.XML.dll /debug+ /debug:full /filealign:4096 /optimize- /out:obj\Debug\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.dll /target:library /warnaserror- AssemblyInfo.cs SQLHelper.cs
originally posted by Bertan Aygun - MSFT

Randall,

MSBee does not support building from VS 2005 IDE right now. If you build your project within the IDE, it will still build .Net 2.0 binaries.

In order to build .Net 1.1 binaries, you will need to call msbuild from command line and you need to set TargetFX1_1 property to true. A sample command line would be:

msbuild <your project file> /p:TargetFX1_1=true

Hope this answers your question.
Bertan
originally posted by Randall C

Yes it did, execellent, thanks....