To MSBEE or not to MSBEE for VS2005 Unit Tests in 1.1 Builds

Topics: For MSBee Users
Aug 16, 2006 at 9:36 PM
migrated from power toy forums
originally posted by stiversj
------------------------------------------------------

Will MSBEE take VS2005 unit test (not NUnit but the VS tests) and allow those test projects with the TESTCLASS attributes and such to be used in BUILD testing in a 1.1. I am suspecting that 1.1 knows about as much about TESTCLASS attributes as a partial class.

We are able to access our enterprise VS2003 source in VS2005 and want to use the VS2005 TS test units for experience for our programmers on VS2005 and ramp up on the testing paradigm. We can now do this but need a way to access use these tests in a build for the build master with the 1.1 versus at the programmer dev level. I see how to use the tests in MSBUILD with custom task and exec and such but we want the MSBEE 1.1 target of our 2.0 VS2005 tests to flag success with the tests.
Aug 16, 2006 at 9:36 PM
originally posted by Craig Lichtenstein - MSFT
------------------------------------------------------

To simplify the question, you want to know if .NET 1.1 code can be tested with VS 2005 unit tests. The answer is, I believe it will work. In the past, we've tested the .NET 1.1 RCR executable, that comes with MSBee, using VS unit tests. For our tests, we referenced the .NET 1.1 assembly in the unit test project and also referenced the VS UnitTestFramework DLL. It may also be possible to provide the .NET 1.1 project as a project reference.