MSBee and ASP.NET 1.1

Topics: For MSBee Users
Aug 16, 2006 at 6:42 AM
migrated from power toy forums
originally posted by madmaxj
------------------------------------------------------

MSBee is a great tool, however the read me file has this line in it.

Web Project Support Investigation
What is meant by this? Will ASP.NET 1.1 files be supported and compiled in VS 2005 to 1.1?

Thanks,
Joshua
Aug 16, 2006 at 6:42 AM
migrated from power toy forums
originally posted by Craig Lichtenstein - MSFT
------------------------------------------------------

The ASP.NET team has released a web application project model that can be used as an alternative to the built-in web-site based version available in Visual Studio 2005. This project model uses "a standard MSBuild based compilation process", thus allowing you to extend and customize it. Recently, a second beta was released that adds support to migrate Visual Studio .NET 2003 web projects.

While I haven't tried it myself, I've heard that the first beta seems to work with MSBee. Consequently, I suspect the second beta may work as well. Note, however, that we haven't formally tested it; hence the investigation of web project support in a later sprint.

To find out more information about the web project model, point your browser to: http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/

One key thing to be aware of is that VS 2005 Web Application Projects are not supported in Visual Web Developer Express Edition.