Why use MSBee instead of running .NET 1.1 and 2.0 side by side?

Topics: For MSBee Users
Nov 5, 2006 at 11:09 PM
Hello,

with MSBee you can build an application targetting .NET 1.1 with VS 2005. But if you open a VS2003 application in VS2005, it converts it to .NET 2.0.
If you complite the application with MSBee, it targets .NET 1.1 but the application remains 2.0. is this correct?

But why would you use MSBee? when you open a 2003 project in VS 2005, it converts it to .NET 2.0. Why don't leave the project 2.0 and run .NET 1.1 and 2.0 side by side? .NET 1.1 for older projects and 2.0 for the new/converted projects?
Nov 29, 2006 at 2:33 AM
I'm new here, but I can tell you that using MSBee is the only solution for me because my system at work only has 1.1 installed and my employer sees no appreciable merit in upgrading to 2.0.

I work for a human services organization whose client information system is a text-based 3270 application accessed through emulation. .Net 1.1 was actually installed along with some form of needed software.

I just got my new computer at work only because the WinNT 3.5
Nov 29, 2006 at 2:45 AM
--- Message was cutoff somehow.

Anyway, we were using WinNT 3.51 boxes until a virus swept through our old systems and, because no good virus scanning programs exist that will run on those old boxes, our systems were replaced.

Our IT guys have, naturally, locked down our machines preventing us from installing any software, including the 2.0 framework. Of course, we can manually copy files onto the system. If there was a way to manually copy the 2.0 framework, I'd do it. :(