using MSBee to build .NET 1.1 project ??

Topics: For MSBee Users
Nov 3, 2006 at 5:46 PM
Hello,

first of all, sorry if my english is not good :)

i have a few questions about MSBee, i'm bussy with a project for our company where we work with VS 2003 and ASP.NET 1.1. now we want to migrate to VS 2005 and ASP.NET 2.0 but we need to continue service our customers who use .NET 1.1.

i have read al lot about MSBee en test some things but there are things that i don't understand en hope there is someone here who can answer these questions.

if i open a VS 2003 project in VS 2005, it begings first to convert it to .NET 2.0. then i edit some things (not with new features of 2.0) and save the project.
if i compile the project with MSBee, i can see in the logfile that it uses the 1.1 framework but the project remains a .NET 2.0 project. is that correct?

what do i have to do more so i can run this project with .NET 1.1?
is it enough to compile the project only with MSBee and run it with a 1.1 Framework?
after this, how can i compile the same project on a computer with only 1.1 Framework and VS 2003?

i hope there is someone who can help me with this.

thanks!
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2006 at 6:22 PM
Hi,

If you run MSBee, your project will remain a VS 2005 project but its output will be generated using .Net 1.1 compilers. Your computer should automatically use .Net 1.1 framework to run the program, for web sites you should be able to set which version of ASP.Net to use through IIS.

Since MSBee is an MSBuild extension, you can't run it on a computer that does not have VS 2005 and .Net 2.0 framework.

Thanks,
Bertan
Nov 3, 2006 at 6:41 PM
thanks for your answer.

so that means that the project remains a VS 2005 project with .NET 2.0?
but i can run the project on a computer with only .NET 1.1? This is a web application.
can i after compiling the project with MSBee, just copy the project to a computer with .NET 1.1 and run the project or is this not possible?
if not, that do i have to do so i can run the compiled project with .NET 1.1?