MSBee and Visual Studio 2008

Topics: For MSBee Developers, For MSBee Users, User Forum
Nov 1, 2007 at 4:40 AM
I have been playing with it and wondered if anyone was interested in trying to get this working?

So far I have been getting some errors...

------ Build started: Project: ConsoleApplication2, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets(813,21): error MSB4131: The "FrameworkVersion35Path" parameter is not supported by the "GetFrameworkPath" task. Verify the parameter exists on the task, and it is a gettable public instance property.
Done building project "ConsoleApplication2.vbproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Since Visual Studio 2008 supports multiple frameworks it has some changes to MSBuild Target file that need to be taken into account I think. The problem section is here:

<!-- Get the paths to all of the target .NET framework directories. -->
<GetFrameworkPath>
<Output Condition=" '$(TargetFrameworkVersion)' == 'v3.5' " TaskParameter="FrameworkVersion35Path" ItemName="_CombinedTargetFrameworkDirectoriesItem" />
<Output Condition=" '$(TargetFrameworkVersion)' == 'v3.0' or '$(TargetFrameworkVersion)' == 'v3.5' " TaskParameter="FrameworkVersion30Path" ItemName="_CombinedTargetFrameworkDirectoriesItem" />
<Output Condition=" '$(TargetFrameworkVersion)' == 'v2.0' or '$(TargetFrameworkVersion)' == 'v3.0' or '$(TargetFrameworkVersion)' == 'v3.5'" TaskParameter="FrameworkVersion20Path" ItemName="_CombinedTargetFrameworkDirectoriesItem" />
<Output TaskParameter="FrameworkVersion35Path" ItemName="_TargetFramework35DirectoryItem" />
<Output TaskParameter="FrameworkVersion30Path" ItemName="_TargetFramework30DirectoryItem" />
<Output TaskParameter="FrameworkVersion20Path" ItemName="_TargetFramework20DirectoryItem" />
</GetFrameworkPath>

Dec 7, 2007 at 12:03 AM
OK, I go a vote on the issue (in the issue tracker), and I think I will take some time to look closer at this one. I am not dedicating time to this full time, but will bump up the priority if I see more requests for this functionality.
Jan 7, 2008 at 2:02 PM
Change the first node in your ProgramName.xxproj file from
<Project DefaultTargets="Build" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003" ToolsVersion="3.5">
to
<Project DefaultTargets="Build" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003" ToolsVersion="2.0">